PREPARING YOUR BUSINESS FOR SALE
The two years prior to putting your business on the market are critical. Proper preparation will greatly improve its sale price and minimize market time.
1. Maximize Gross Income.
2. Minimize routine expenses without adversely affecting the operation.
3. Avoid unnecessary non-routine expenses.
4. Keep Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable current.
5. Stabilize Management.
6. Keep Furniture, Fixtures and Equipment current and in good condition/working order.
7. Hire a Business Consultant
8. Prepare to maintain or increase business volume/profitability while it is on the market.
9. “Stage” the premises.
Please contact us for detailed explanations of the above.
The hardest businesses to sell are those with declining sales volume and profitability. Continue to maintain or even build the company until it is sold.